Managed Freeways Pilot Project, Perth
This project involved the consideration of proposals to implement a number of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) measures along a 15km section of the Kwinana Freeway and 1.5kms of the Roe Highway in Perth.
MIEngineers was appointed by Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) to provide cost estimates for the following works:
- Nine new ramp signals at on-ramps
- Three new Variable Message Signs (VMS)
- New Pan-Tilt-Zoom CCTV cameras
- Vehicle Detection Stations (VDS)
- Real Time Information Signs
This involved estimating for the upgrade and undertaking a parallel estimate with another cost estimator. Our in-depth understanding of the technical requirements of ITS and our estimate reconciliation skills enabled completion to the client’s requirements.